Solar Water Heating
Solar water heating is the first step if you want to cut down your electricity bills. A solar water heater can supply all your hot water needs at no electricity costs thereby reducing about 25% of your electricity consumption here in Malta.
Ibersolar solar water heaters offered by Renergy are the ideal solution for you:
- Warranty: 10 year warranty on the whole product.
- Quality: The solar water heaters offered by Renergy comply with all the relevant international standards including EN12976, TUV, DIN and the Solar Keymark. For more information about the European Solar Keymark certification scheme for solar water heaters visit: www.estif.org/solarkeymark.
- Reliability: Ibersolar solar water heaters have been installed and running for the last 40 years.
- Local certification: Our solar water heaters are fully compliant with the Malta Resources Authority and are eligible for grants on renewable energy systems.
- Efficiency: The high efficiency of the systems ensures that they provide the best value for money.
- Flexibility: Different sized models are available to suit the needs of different households. Ibersolar solar water heaters have tank volumes of 120, 150, 200 and 300 litres.
Technical characteristics of Ibersolar solar water heaters
Using radiation from the sun, a sophisticated solar collector is used to capture the maximum amount of solar energy and transfer it to a fluid. A high efficiency selective coating on the collector ensures that much of the solar radiation is absorbed while limiting the amount of heat that is emitted back to the atmosphere. The solar fluid heats up in the collector and is then used to indirectly heat water in a storage cylinder.
Ibersolar solar water heaters are designed especially for the Mediterranean region and can work even in our high summer temperatures without any problems. The systems are manufactured in Greece by Sammler Solar using state of the art manufacturing techniques. The latest laser welding technology is used for fabricating the collector ensuring high efficiency and superior quality in the finished product. Every product is tested by an accredited test laboratory in Europe to guarantee the durability and efficiency of the product.
The key features of the system are:
- 2.09 squared metres flat-plate collector with aluminium absorber and selective black paint (OP-V210) or high efficiency Mirotherm coating (OPS-V210 and OPS-V250).
- Stainless steel (grade 316L) or Grey-painted, polymer coated galvanised steel sheet outer tank cover.
- Rigid 50 mm polyurethane insulation to retain heat in the tank.
- Two magnesium anodes for corrosion protection.
- Double enamelled inner steel tank certified in compliance with German DIN 4753/T3 standards.
- Flexible stainless steel pipes.
- Galvanised steel mounting system.
- Maximum primary circuit operating pressure:10 bar.
- Maximum secondary circuit operating pressure: 6 bar.
- Expansion vessel integrated into the cylinder.
As solar thermal technology does not rely on sunlight but on solar radiation, it can work very efficiently in our climate even on cloudy days. Using the sun as a renewable energy source helps the environment, leads to reduced energy bills and means less reliance on gas and electricity for water heating.