SolarEdge is a provider of power optimizer, solar inverter and monitoring solutions for photovoltaic arrays. These products aim to increase energy output through module-level MPPT. Established in 2006, the company has offices in the United States,Germany,Italy, Japan, and Israel.
SolarEdge is traded at the NASDAQ (NASDAQ:SEDG). There is a strategic partnership with Tesla Motors.
Renergy Limited has partnered with Solar Edge to provide their products to our customers in Malta. Solar Edge power optimizers are mainly used in cases where there is a partial shading however all our customers are treated on a case by case basis and as such we recommend the best solution on a customer by customer basis. Solar Edge provide Inverter, Power Optimizers and a Monitoring Portal to enable the client to monitor the system from anywhere.
- Up to 25% more efficient than string inverters in systems with shading issues.
- Optimal DC to AC conversion regardless of string lengths.
The SolarEdge System pushes the envelope in the continuing endeavor to improve gridtie solar power generation. In a SolarEdge System, a DC to DC PowerBox optimizer is paired with each solar panel in an array, allowing each one to operate independently at its highest efficiency.
Benefits to a SolarEdge System include:
- 25% increase in energy production in systems with shading issues!
- Energy loss caused by module mismatch and partial shading is eliminated.
- Multiple arrays and module orientations are easily supported.
- Individual module monitoring, performance reporting and alerts.
- SolarEdge’s proprietary SafeDC mechanism provides greater safety by shutting down module voltage during installation, maintenance, and firefighting.
Fewer Constraints when designing your system:
- There is no more need for string sizing.
- Temperature is not a factor because fixed string voltage ensures the inverter always operates at its peak efficiency voltage and prevents under-voltage power losses even on hot days.
- Panels don’t all have to be facing the same way.
- Different string lengths can now be accommodated.
- Solar power ratings and technologies can vary.
In 2016 Solar Edge introduced the new HD wave model which has the following features:
- Small and lightweight at
- 99% CEC weighted efficiency
- Up to 155% DC/AC oversizing allowed
- Longer strings (up to 6,000W per string on SE7600H)
- Integrated Auto-Rapid Shutdown
- Faster commissioning with rapid pairing and 4 button touch panel
- Less heat & thin-film capacitors
- Optional built-in meter with ±0.5% accuracy
Solar Edge inverters come with a warranty of 12 years whilst the power optimizers have 25 years warranty.
For more information and specifications on the HD wave Solar Edge Inverter click here.
For more information and specifications on the Solar Edge Power Optimizers click here.