Large-Scale Solar Heating Systems
Solar thermal energy may be used to provide energy for a variety of uses including:
- Building space heating,
- Domestic hot water,
- Hot water and steam for industrial processes (laundry, food processing etc.),
- Drying systems (food processing, laundry),
- Refrigeration and air conditioning.
In a typical large scale system, a circulation pump moves a solar fluid through arrays of solar collectors and the heat captured is transferred to specially designed storage tanks or heat exchangers, to be used in the process required.
Renergy Limited uses two types of collectors for these systems:
- High quality flat plate collectors for temperatures up to 60°C
- High quality vacuum tube collectors for temperatures over 60°C
We offer a complete range of products and services related to solar heating from systems design up to installation, commissioing and maintenance of existing systems.
Schematic diagram for a typical large scale system
Large scale solar thermal systems are particularly ideal for applications where large amounts of hot water are required. The solar thermal system will greatly cut down the heating fuel costs while reducing the carbon footprint of the enterprise. Typical applications include:
- Hotels and guesthouses
- Laundries and dry cleaners
- Food processors
Take a look at the projects section to see some of our solar thermal projects.